Saturday, November 11, 2006

 

Bound for Rhode Island!

Hello!

I recently sold this necklace on eBay. As I type, it is on an aeroplane bound for Pawtucket, Rhode Island, in the United States. Click to see larger versions of the pictures:




I called this necklace "Gothic Candy", because it combined dark elements like the large, antiqued cross with pretty, girly colours such as rose pink, aqua blue and purple. I really love the big purple beads in the necklace. They are cut with stacks and stacks of light-catching facets. Gorgeous!

I get a real buzz when my pieces are liked enough by someone in another country to bid on them. I have sent earrings to Spain, bracelets to England, and necklaces to Belgium. But I was epecially chuffed this time round, because of a lovely note sent to me by the winning bidder. Here's what she wrote:
"I am buying the necklace for a relative as a Christmas gift and I know she will love it. Your jewelry is very unique!"
I am just just so thrilled to think that someone on the other side of the world will be receiving this on Christmas Day. WOW!


Comments:
WOW! That is fantastic Siobhan! Those colours just compliment each other really well, don't they! Congrats on the sale too, How unreal is that, for your jewellery to be going all over the world!!
 
How cool is that! I LOVE this necklace Siobhan - you have a fabulous eye for colour ^_^
 
CONGRATULATIONS Siobhan! You certainly know how to market your jewellery. (A clear, detailed photograph helps.) Of course, jewellery such as yours, could only gain International accalim if it met the criteria of what it takes to make a fine, wearable piece. Your work is a testimony to the fact that you know what it takes. In effect, each piece that you design is a work of art! On the flip side, it's also encouraging to those of us who read of your success. I feel more confident that - if you can do it, then surely I can too! (And that goes for the lovely ladies I share this space with.) Keep up the good work my friend.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?